Monday, February 2, 2009

Superbowl Ads

My one word response to some of the ads during this years Superbowl. Why only one word? I could tear them apart and write 3 paragraphs on why I liked or disliked each, but that is only my opinion. Your favorites maybe totally different than mine. If you haven't seen them head over to Hulu to review or refresh your memory. Anyways on to the the list.

The Elec Baldwin Hulu ad.... Refreshing

Budweiser: Clydesdales Stick.... Waiting

Cash4Gold.com: Heeere's Money.... Sad

Star Trek: Trailer.... Anticipating!

Coke Classic: Avatar....
Wishing

Universal Studio Parks: Inner Hero....
Cute

CareerBuilder.com: Tips.... Laughing

Angels and Demons: Trailer.... Hmmmm

Transformers 2: Trailer.... Chills

Doritos: Crystal Ball.... Grinning

Pedigree: Crazy Pets.... LOL

NBC: Heroes Football.... Jumping

Godaddy.com: Enhanced.... Lame

Coke: Heist.... Happens

Sobe: Lizard Lake 2D.... WTF?



Confused? The word may not have the same meaning to me as it would to you. Like the H&R Block, Death one. I probably would put down cliche, but that would only be part of it. Yes it's cliche but still quite good, even humorous. What about the Cheetos add. I would have used guessed, but that doesn't tell you if I laughed or even liked it.

Some were better than last years some were worse. The 3 million Dollar tag for 30 seconds is a bit much. Look at the economy. Hell how many of these companies have lad off people recently. I know Bridgestone has, and are planning on laying off more in the near future. 190ish Just in December. I know that's not a lot, but the 3 mill could have easily paid there wages. I do enjoy the ads during the Superbowl but at what price should the marketing department of these companies say no?

No comments:

Post a Comment